This is the perfect book for someone who enjoys baking their own snacks but only has 10 minutes or less and just wants a single-serving. All you need to make these recipes is a microwave oven, a mug, a saucer, a mixing bowl, and a few ingredients!
Here is a sample recipe from the book:
The Great Pumpkin Microwave Mug Cake
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon Grandma's Original Molasses
- 2 tablespoons Yoplait French Vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Argo baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon guar gum, xanthan gum, or tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons Domino light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons gluten-free sorghum flour
- 4 tablespoons gluten-free brown or white rice flour
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
Prepare your microwaveable mug by coating the inside lightly with Pam Original cooking spray
Mix the ingredients in a small bowl. Beat egg first with a spoon and mix in other liquid ingredients. Then add dry ingredients and mix until you've removed all the lumps.
Pour the batter into the mug (do not fill more than halfway) and smooth the top with a spoon. Thump mug firmly on the tabletop six times to remove excess air bubbles. Place mug on top of a microwaveable small plate or saucer.
Bake for 3-4 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the middle of the microwave mug cake and removing the toothpick. If the toothpick is dry, the MMC is done.
Wait 2 minutes, then run a butter knife along the inside of the mug and tip the cake onto a plate. Position the mug cake so that the slightly rounded surface is on top. Your microwave mug cake will now look like a slightly overgrown muffin.
Frost the whole The Great Pumpkin Microwave Mug Cake with whipped cream or split the MMC in half and frost each half individually (in which case you'll end up with two separate MMCs - or you can reassemble the frosted halves to create a layered MMC). Sprinkle, if you wish, with McCormick ground cinnamon.
To purchase 101 Recipes for GLUTEN-FREE Microwave Mug Cakes, please visit Barnes & Noble or go to Amazon.com. For more information, visit www.microwavemugcakes.com